Global Pharmaceutical Services & Logistics – Serialization & Supply Chain Efficiency
This Pharmaceutical Services Client partners with pharmaceutical manufacturers to deliver third-party commercialization and logistics services that improve the quality and efficiency of their supply chains. Since the company’s founding, they have organically grown to become the industry leader in outsourced logistics and distribution services for pharmaceutical manufacturers. The Drug Supply Chain Security Act came into effect in 2013, outlining the requirements to build an electronic, interoperable system to identify and trace certain prescription drugs as they are distributed in the United States. This was intended to enhance the FDA’s ability to help protect consumers from exposure to drugs that may be counterfeit, stolen, contaminated, or otherwise harmful.
This Global Pharmaceutical Specialty Services company connects the healthcare industry, applying innovation toward everything from the way pharmaceuticals are sourced and distributed to the delivery of personalized patient care. This company provides pharmaceutical products, value-driving services and business solutions that improve access to care. Tens of thousands of healthcare providers, veterinary practices and livestock producers trust them as their partner in the pharmaceutical supply chainThis company is ranked in the top 3% on the Fortune 500. With more than $146B in annual revenue, their global operating network comprises of 140+ offices in 50+ countries.
The Client faced numerous challenges to serialize and track the product. Increase in volume was estimated to be from 85MM to over 500MM records. Product tracking hierarchies required a systematic change. The lack of standardization in data across manufacturers added additional complexity. Legacy systems also needed to be upgraded and integrated into the solution.
- Gather and analyze the current distribution volume
- Determine product hierarchies and types of packing variations
- Pallet, Case, Carton, Individual
- Homogenous vs. Heterogenous Cases
- Change over time with Packing/Unpacking/Kitting
- Develop solution for integration and enhancement of legacy system.
- Backend database integration across legacy systems and interfaces (App Dev Build)
- Onboarding of customers (distributors, wholesalers) to the serialization platform
- Developed solution for expansion and integration with legacy system and interfaces to ingest increased new data volume (85MM to 500MM+) increase in records annually
- Visibility of historical tracking and distribution (tracking products at a granular level)
- Increased inventory control and quality control
- Insight into distributor forecasting and better metrics to predict demand
- Automated reporting and accurate ad-hoc reporting