International Restaurant Franchise – Holistic Reporting & Understanding of Sales Data
This client had a need to acquire and consolidate franchisee net sales and online ordering data in order to augment the analytical and reporting capabilities of the organization.
Founded and headquartered in Texas, this quick-serve restaurant chain has over 700 restaurants open across the United States, Mexico, Russia, Singapore, the Philippines, Indonesia and United Arab Emirates. This quick-serve restaurant specializes in cooked-to-order, hand-sauced and tossed chicken wings offered in their proprietary flavors, which range from extremely hot to mild that can be paired with a variety of house-made sides including their hand-cut, seasoned French fries.
Due to the inefficiency and non-compliance nature of client’s existing POS system, where they had multiple point-of-sale systems, and needed to implement a common POS platform for its corporate stores and new franchisees. There was no common data layer for reporting and analytics. Reporting sales information across stores involved manual processes.
- Define business logic to map Legacy product and modifier data to the new POS standards
- Automate business logic into the data integration layer
- Create an ETL process to pull online ordering information from the third party vendor (OLO) to be combined with POS order and check level details
- Augment the technical framework of the existing data warehouse to improve auditing and scalability
- Standardized product and modifier level data so that analysis could be done across varying POS systems
- Created a single “source of truth” for both summary and check level details
- Improved the current ETL architectural framework
- Provided insights into the demographics of online sales