Yardi Property Onboarding
Multifamily Real Estate Development Firm Asks Saxony to Deliver Complex Yardi Property Onboarding Project
Complex Yardi property onboarding involves bringing new property data into a client’s existing database. This is done by loading it manually (via ETL) or electronically (a Yardi-to-Yardi conversion) into a core Voyager system. Secondary Yardi products such as RENTCafe and Flex can also be included within this process as well.
It takes an experienced team to properly overcome issues related to property onboarding. The process of loading data must happen in a specific order. Loading data can be a lengthy and tedious process depending on the size of the new asset.
This Saxony Partners client – a mid-sized residential real estate development company – needed help onboarding three new properties into their existing Yardi ecosystem.
Saxony Partners Yardi consultants met with the client to begin the project process. They worked to determine the scope of the project along with three goals:
- Complete the implementation of the Yardi Voyager 7S Residential Module for these three new properties.
- Complete onboarding to Go Live simultaneously with RENTCafé Site Manager and CRM Flex.
- Leverage the current project as a template for future onboardings across the portfolio.
The client would have the ability to host property management source systems within their own technology ecosystem, enabling them to have real-time visibility into property management operations.
To begin the Voyager onboarding, Saxony Partners consultants built out global and property system configurations. This included set unit floor plans, property control, rentable items and more. Additionally, we brought in tenant balances and financial history.
Concurrent work was underway on RENTCafe Site Manager and CRM Flex. The media library, ILS feeds, email, SMS, and other templates and systems were built out. Needs of the client determined the settings and custom application tables. Our team worked with the client’s third-party website vendor to ensure their marketing website reflected these changes.
Finally, the Saxony team provided additional helpful deliverables such as user training and Host User Acceptance Testing (UAT). Both the ETL migration files and the Go Live execution plan were finalized.
The Voyager onboarding was a success and happened along with RENTCafe Site Manager and CRM Flex, as planned. This took 12 weeks to complete.
Here are some of the benefits this client realized upon completion of the project:
- They were assured that each property was setup according to Yardi’s best practices.
- Their staff members focused on their own important tasks, rather than onboarding duties.
- The client saved time and cost with the onboarding due to the efficiency gained by bringing in an external partner.
- The project came in on-time and on-budget.
- Saxony Partners unique delivery approach allows the client real-time visibility into property management operations
Complex Yardi onboarding projects become a breeze with Saxony Partners. Your business deserves a trusted partner to make the most of your Yardi implementation.
Learn more about our team of Yardi consultants and how we can elevate your business on our Saxony Partners blog or LinkedIn.